ICT for Education, Newcastle 2021
ICT for Education's national conference programme visits NEWCASTLE on Friday 17th September 2021and will be held at (St James' Park).
The conference runs from 7.30am to 1.15pm. Attendance is FREE for all delegates, and includes refreshments. .
Drawing on both regional and national ICT expertise, we have sourced a great line-up of speakers who will address ICT challenges faced by both teachers and schools. Alongside the conference, we will be hosting a vendor exhibition - showcasing solutions to meet your ICT needs.
Meet the experts, network with peers, solve practical problems and discover new resources in just one short day - FREE OF CHARGE! Pick up your conference badge(s) from Reception on the day. If you would like to bring colleagues, please ensure they register.
We look forward to meeting you!
07:30 – 08-30: Registration & networking
08:30 – 08:40: Introduction from Guest Chair:
- Our guest Chair for today, Martin Bailey has been a primary school teacher and computing subject leader for over 20 years in various North-East schools. Martin also runs his own company Animate2Educate advising on best use of technology.
- Presenter: Martin Bailey
08:40 – 09:00: NCCE and CAS update.
- Sarah will explain how your local National Centre for Computing Education Computing hubs and Computing at School communities can provide support and resources for the teaching of computing at your school.
- Presenter: Sarah Zaman CAS Outreach Manager North-East, NCCE Primary Subject Matter Expert
09:00 – 09:15: Putting technology at the heart of education
- Leading technology suppliers ASUS explain how they are playing their part in helping to solve the unique challenges facing today’s students and educators.
- Presenter: ASUS, Chris Whiteman, Commercial Sales Manager
09:15 – 10:00: BREAK
10:00 – 10:20: Keynote - Teaching online safety in schools
- How schools can ensure their pupils understand how to stay safe and behave online as part of forthcoming and existing curriculum requirements, including the wider aspects of ‘online safety’.
- Presenter: Nik Kelsey - Computing Hub Lead for North-East & Northumberland Hub, Head of Computer Science, E-Safety & Strategic IT Lead at Kings Priory School
10:20 – 11:00: ICT Reviews Live!
- An independent product review session that will put products to the test and give you real insight into their capabilities. Watch the reviews, comment on product content, consider underlying technologies, discuss ease of use and share your opinions on how you would like suppliers to develop products and services to meet the needs of teachers and schools.
- Presenter: Presenter: Martin Bailey
11:00 – 11:30: BREAK
11:30 – 11.50: Computational Thinking In The Early Years
- Vicky will explain how her passion for computing led her to set up Computing4KidsNE and how supporting and networking with local teachers through CPD, CAS Communities and developing Barefoot resources has enabled her to support teachers on their journey.
- Presenter Vicky Dodds - CAS community leader. Primary leader for the NCCE’s Computing Hub covering Newcastle, Gateshead and Durham.
- This session will look at how gathering information appropriately can help identify young people at risk early and provide timely interventions, while promoting a whole-school approach to safeguarding young people in education.
- Presenter: Andrew Skiffington (IMPERO)
12:05 – 12.25: STEM Ambassador Hub NE – How to get the best out of your regional STEM Hub
- An introduction to the range of STEM Ambassador support available to your school with examples of best practise. With over 1400 industry volunteers available to your school, the session will identify upcoming events, ideas for engagement and how to get the best out of your Hub.
- Presenter: Janine Marshall (STEM)
12.25: Closing comments from Guest Chair
- Presenter: Martin Bailey
St. James' Park is truly a city centre stadium and is located in the heart of Newcastle upon Tyne.
While there is public parking available close to the stadium, we recommend taking a look at our dedicated travel hub - www.altoonativetravel.com - for a wide range of transport options.
Travelodge Newcastle Central
Forster Street, Quayside,
Newcastle, NE1 2NH
Tel: 08719 846164
Register for Newcastle
We only hold the minimum information needed to send the emails, and you can request to be removed from the mailing list at any time by either using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each email, or by contacting ICT for Education directly by calling 01983 812305 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about the Guide to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can read the working document on the Information Commissioner's Office website here - Your guide to GDPR from the ICO
ICT for Education undertake to apply appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
ICT for Education send out regular, informative emails to our client base. These include product updates, case studies and items that are of interest in our industry.